Phone (office) +233 247 241608
Mobile +233 202 698181
Office Location: Block A Room 1
Status in the University: Lecturer (Faculty of Engineering)
Educational background (degree/school)
Kyere-Frempong Emmanuel is enriched with M.Sc. Energy Technology from Gävle University, Sweden, B.Eng. Production and Operational Management from Arcada University of Applied Sciences, Finland, Professional Certificate in Logistics and Supply Chain management from Arcada University of Applied Sciences, Finland, Mechanical Engineering Technician III and Technician Diploma in Mechanical and Electrical Engineering from City & Guilds of London Institute, and Specialized in Lean Operation, Total Productive Maintenance (TPM), 5S, Industrial Hydraulics & Pneumatics, Industrial Automation and Renewable Energy Technologies.
Scholarly (Research) Interests
- Energy Economics
- Alternative Energy sources (Renewable Energy)
- Energy Conservation (Industrial and Building Energy Management)
- Engineering Product Development and Design
- Sustainable Development
- Biodiesel production
- Measurements and Instrumentations
- Semiconductor Production Technology
- Industrial Control Systems (Automation)
- Artificial Intelligence
Memberships of Professional Bodies
Ghana Institute of Engineers
With over 20 years industrial experience, I have been extremely resourceful internationally and locally in various roles of responsibilities such as Plant supervisor, Maintenance and Service Project Leader, Maintenance Engineer, Maintenance Manager, Production/Operations Manager, General Manager, Consultant and a Lecturer.
Courses Teaching/Taught at GTUC
- Instrumentations and Measurements
- Engineering Design and Drawing
- Renewable Energy Systems
- Electrical Machines
- Research and Methodology
- Engineers and Society
- Technical Report Writing
- Power Generation and Distribution
Other Academic Pursuits (Consultancies, Conference Presentations etc)
- I worked as an associate consultant to develop an innovative curriculum on solar PV Energy systems for Ghana Electrical Contractors Association (GECA). GTUC, COTVET/SDF sponsored project 2015.
- As one of the leading facilitators, I trained over 500 personnel of Ghana Electrical Contractors and Engineers (GECA) on how to Design, install and Maintain solar PV systems in five regions namely, (Volta, Eastern, Ashanti, Northern and Upper West) regions. A project sponsored and financed by COTVET/SDF based on the Government of Ghana’s energy policy of 10% renewable energy in the energy generation-mix by 2020.
- I supervise the production of all the High Voltage Transmision Cables for Bui Power project